[PD] data structures composition/app

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Nov 12 21:54:59 CET 2004

On Nov 11, 2004, at 6:48 PM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
>
>> So here is the next release of the data structures patch that I have
>> been working on.  Its all loaded up with the score to a 3 1/2 minute
>> sketch for a composition I am working on.  The sample files needed are
>> included, that's why its a 4 meg file.
>
> I don't get 3.5 minutes sound. :(
> If I do nothing but press "START" I get a whiteish noise moving in the
> stereo field for at most half a minute, then silence. If I load
> "solitude-data.txt" first, I hear a short piano playing, then silence.

I haven't played with the file handling since it seemed buggy.  I might
have fixed the bugs with that, but I haven't tested it since I had to
finish that composition for a class.  The scalars that are saved with
the patch itself are the actual finished composition.  The files are
old versions.

So what are your specs?  Pd version?  Source for externals, libs, etc?
My guess is that its an object incompatibility problem.

> The only errors I get are a lot of:
>     'prepend' class incompatibility warning:
>             creating an object without an argument
> which probably are harmless, aren't they?

I am pretty sure those are harmless.  It worked on my bro's Windows
machine and he had those errors.  But he had a problem with that patch
using all of the CPU.  How was the CPU usage for other people?  I
started it on my G4-800 and it worked fine, but I did most of the
composition on a dual G5-2.5gig at my university.  That was nice.

.hc