[PD] data structures composition/app

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Nov 13 07:55:22 CET 2004

On Nov 12, 2004, at 7:14 PM, Matthew Allen wrote:

>>> I am pretty sure those are harmless.  It worked on my bro's Windows
>>> machine and he had those errors.  But he had a problem with that
>>> patch
>>> using all of the CPU.  How was the CPU usage for other people?  I
>>
>> It worked on my windows machine, and I had those errors.  CPU was
>> fairly
>> high (and playback pretty glitchy with the visual window open) on my
>> 3ghz
>> P4, but I think it ran pretty much as intended.
>
> I am on a centrino 1.6 and I get about 50% cpu usage, but no clicks or
> glitches with the window open (I can even edit the structures without
> and weirdness). This is on a CCRMA 2.6 kernel with the latest out of
> CVS as of this morning. Hell I am even writing this from a firefox web
> browser with no weirdness or glitches or xruns ... next I am going to
> patch pd through ecamegapedal and give it some reverb.... man I love
> linux.
>
> It couldn't creat shell and alternate at start up.

Those are not essential.  [alternate] is for using the space bar as a
start/stop button, and [shell] is for getting a timestamp for the
soundfile to write to.

> As for the composition, I totally dig it. I want it to last WAY longer
> though, so I may hack you composition and have it either loop or spit
> out some structure variation.

Well, I'll be working on it quite a bit more over the next few weeks.
But it is an open source composition, so I'd like to hear what people
do with it.

____

"Information wants to be free."
                              -Stewart Brand