[PD] labeling buttons for [hid]

Macciza Macpherson raien at tpg.com.au
Sun Nov 14 15:14:31 CET 2004

Hi
I'd go with the numbering system if that is the USB HID Spec but I also
like the idea of the descriptive names as well. How about using names
but translating ultimately into numbers? Can OSC be worked in here
somehow so we can deal with descriptive hierarchies and broadcast our
actions easily?? Is there any way to query the devices and get them to
tell you what the buttons do?? Just a few thoughts.
Cheers
Macca