[PD] labeling buttons for [hid]

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Nov 14 21:48:54 CET 2004

The USB HID spec is ugly, classic Microsoft design, so I wouldn't want
to go with for that reason alone.  I am looking to make this event
system clear and consistent.  The [hid] object just provides raw data
in an clear and easy to use format, so you can make your own labels or
OSC scheme with the [hid] data within Pd.

I think button numbers is probably the way to go.  But with button
numbers, there is a certain amount of guesswork for knowing which
button number represents which button.  btn_trigger is quite
straightforward, btn_1 not as much so.

.hc