[PD] linux midi question

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Nov 15 08:22:24 CET 2004

Hallo,
Matthew Allen hat gesagt: // Matthew Allen wrote:

> on his site :)
>
> http://www.footils.org/cms/show/24
>
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 00:37:48 +0100, derek holzer <derek at x-i.net> wrote:
> > Hi Frank,
> >
> > can you explain this a bit more clearly, or point me to something online
> > that does?

Yes, on my site. ;) Basically connection management of the ALSA
sequencer is similar to Jack and you can actually use qjackctl to do
the sequencer connections. To configure a virtual midi card, just
modprobe snd-virmidi. It should show up in qjackctl. Then you connect
the virmidi card to your midi hardware, and make Pd use the virmidi
card instead.

You also could try the new alsa sequencer support which is in the
Debian package or as patch on Sourceforge. I really should try this
myself.

Ciao