[PD] Gem: Loading a folder of images

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Nov 17 18:27:54 CET 2004

martin dupras wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to be able to load all the images in a folder (say about 25
> jpegs) and choose any of these images at one time. I can of course do it
> by naming my images myimage0.jpg, myimage1.jpg and so forth, but then if
> I want to use a different set of images I have to rename them everytime.
>
> Did anyone find an elegant way to do this?

well, you can give a "skip" value to only load (e.g.) every 3rd image.

but you are right, it might be useful to do "open /pics/" and it would
load all images in /pics/*.

> On a sideways note, I'm experimenting with a lot of jpegs right now, and
> I'd say that about 1 in 4 crashes gem 0.90 (winXP). Has anyone
> experienced this? I don't mint too much if an image doesn't load, but
> crashing PD is a pain. Or is there some jpeg property that some pictures
> have and some don't which may crash pix_image?

this is more interesting to me. i admit that i seldomly use loading
multiple images.

could you send a patch that shows this behaviour ? (including the crashy
images)

btw [pix_imageInPlace] stores the images in texture-ram (this is: on the
gfx-card) which might run short (depends on your gfx-card)

mfg.a.dr
IOhannes