[PD] Pd Internal message questions

chun lee leechun at leechun.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Nov 19 18:24:45 CET 2004

Hi there:

I have been learning/experimenting with the Pd internal messages and got a
few questions:

1. is it possible to dynamically duplicate objects/patches with its parent
window closed? For example, In the patch I attached below, if [pd test]
window is closed, I get "consistency check failed: editor" and pd quits
after duplicate message is sent. How can I resolve this?

2. I also like to dynamically resize the window size, do I use "relocate"
message? I can't seem to find it documented. I have got the "pd-msg_05"
documentation.

Cheers

#N canvas 125 422 365 205 10;
#N canvas 386 0 518 131 test 1;
#X obj 4 108 s pd-test;
#N canvas 0 0 391 262 clone 0;
#X text 23 23 cloned content;
#X text 284 233 cloned content;
#X restore 4 3 pd clone;
#X obj 4 88 inlet;
#X connect 2 0 0 0;
#X restore 20 151 pd test;
#X msg 50 97 duplicate;
#X msg 20 60 editmode 1 \, mouse 5 5 0 0 \, mouseup 10 10 0;
#X obj 20 28 t b b;
#X obj 20 4 bng 15 250 50 0 empty empty empty 0 -6 0 8 -262144 -1 -1
;
#X text 41 3 <- click here to clone;
#X connect 1 0 0 0;
#X connect 2 0 0 0;