[PD] pmpd/gem - real swarm behaviour?

Christian Klotz list_pd at deviation.de
Sat Nov 20 00:32:35 CET 2004

Hi Jamie,

On Nov 19, 2004, at 7:42 PM, Jamie Bullock wrote:

<snip>
> In terms of behavioural model have you looked at a-life algorithms such
> as 'boids' (http://www.red3d.com/cwr/boids/). I'm surprised no-one has
> mentioned this, or furthermore, implemented it. Or am I missing the
> point of what you are trying to do?

thx for the link, thats the thing I am thinking about. As it seems
there is no direct way to get this working in pd. I just had a rough
look at the pso external of bbogart (got from the external cvs) but I
didnt checked out a way to use it together with gem - if there is one
... I have to think about it.

cheers
Christian