[PD] GEM and video synthesis

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Nov 22 08:56:18 CET 2004

Paris Treantafeles wrote:
> hello all,
>
> i'm very new to pd and gem.
> i've gone through a gem tutorial and get the idea of some of what can be
> done with respect to manipulating images, movie clips, and 3d.
> what i'm wondering is about is using gem to create patches closer to
> analog video synthesis.
> a friend and i work on this type of equipment, analog signal generators,
> pulse generators, etc. and create video images on tv screens.
> i'm curious to find a software solution and wondering if gem is the way
> to go.
>
> if anyone has some experience with this, i would appreciate any links to
> info or patches.

hi
there are 2 completely different things that come to my mind:

1) a 3D-shape synthesizer as described by Glasner: this was presented at
the pd04 for Gem by jamie
http://puredata.org/community/projects/convention04/lectures/tk-tittle

2) using ("audio") signals for video-data (2D): have a look at the
[pix_sig2pix~] and [pix_pix2sig~] objects.

mfg.as.dr
IOhannes