[PD] about [serial] object -OSX PD

Koray Tahiroglu ktahirog at uiah.fi
Tue Nov 23 11:54:07 CET 2004

Hello everybody,
Previously there has been some discussions about OSX serial port
communication with Pure Data in the list. I found [serial] external
object for OSX and seems like there is no help file related to this
object.
[serial] has only one inlet, there is no any outlets. When I type
[serial 2] , it gives invalid command name "com2_open" in the terminal
window. I am trying to make Keyspan-bstamp work with OSX-PD, so [serial
1] does not give any alert, but I am not sure if this means any
success. On the Other hand, related to the terminal window, following
commends can be used as mode in side [serial] object, -blocking,
-buffering, -buffersize, -encoding, -eofchar and -translation. But I
don't know what these modes are doing?

I am using g3 powerbook OSX -pd 0.37.4  and pd0.38TEST10

anybody has any experience with OSX PD, keyspan -basicstamp or with
this [serial] external object?

best,
Koray

M.Koray Tahiroglu
DA student/researcher
Media Lab,
University of Art and Design Helsinki, TaiK
Hameentie 135C 00560 Helsinki Finland
http://mlab.uiah.fi/~korayt/
tel: +358 40 754 8449
fax: +358 9 75630 555