midi on linux : was Re: [PD] ASIO latency (windows)

cyrille henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Tue Nov 23 16:15:09 CET 2004

IOhannes m zmoelnig a écrit :

> the behringer-mixer won't work with the usb (but you probably know that
> ;-))
it does not work on windows...
(it does on  2 of the 3 windows comptuter I tried in fact)

> apart from that, i can only recommend having a look at the homepage of
> the usbmidi drivers:
> http://homepage3.nifty.com/StudioBreeze/software/usbmidi.html

the fastlane i use should be working, but pd recognize only 1 in and 1
out (got 2), and input does not work.
i don't know if it's a pd problem or a pb regarding the instalation of
the driver (the drivers was includ in the linux distro i use).

> we are successfully using roland UM-1 (or 2?),
ok, i'll try to find a friend using such interface to make a try.

> but i cannot give you any
> numbers concerning latency (but it feels better than 100ms roundtrip)

I hope so : 100ms is too much...

thanks
cyrille