[PD] in-memory sample players?

Stefan Turner stefan_turner at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 23 18:23:18 CET 2004

Hi Sven,

For pitch-shifting, get the plugin~ external (dunno
the address at the moment I'm afraid, let me know if
you can't find it and I'll email it) which will let
you use  pitchScaleHQ from the LADSPA plugins
collection at plugin.org.uk. For Windows I guess
there's a free VST somewhere, and apparently plugin~
supports VST on Windows; I think there might also be a
vst~ object.

Don't know about the other thing, but I've never had
any problems storing several minutes of audio in
tables. If the samples are stored on disk already you
could use tables to store the very first few
milliseconds, covering the gap between sending 'open'
and '1' to a readsf~ which then plays the rest of the
file.

Stefan Turner