[PD] about [serial] object -OSX PD

martin pichlmair pi at attacksyour.net
Wed Nov 24 13:47:50 CET 2004

concerning keyspan i'ld like to mention that there are cheaper comports
out there. and the one i bought does not misbehave as bad as the
keyspan thing does. e.g. it does not appear as a new device in /dev
every time.

that just has to be said on the mailing list so that it is found in the
archives (and your brains :)

if someone's interested i can look up the model that i use at home in
the evening and post it.

you may also try my slightly altered comport object (a newer version
than the one annie uses). it's attached. i did not test it enough yet,
so any comments are welcome. it might as well not work at all. the
major change is that it creates the object despite the /dev it searches
is not found. you might then use the "device
/dev/ttySverylongkeyspannumberstuff" message to attach it to your
comport (that you find out via the terminal).

lg
martin