[PD] fullscreen

Marc Boon marcboon at dds.nl
Thu Nov 25 14:50:30 CET 2004

MvH wrote:

> I know this is of no help but - since I have this 'problem' a lot - I
> prefer to use X without *any* windowmanager. I put some xterms on screen
> ( preferably with different colours for different tasks etc...) and the
> pd gui using my .xinitrc file; the --geometry 100+40+0+0 option is what
> you need for this :)

I can't get this to work.
Setting up a .xinitrc in my home dir doesn't do anything. I just get the usual
KDE desktop. Is there anything else I have to do?

Pleae note that I also need autologon, since the box has no keyboard/mouse and
no human operator. It has to start with fullscreen Pd running after power-up
without any human intervention.

Maybe a copy of your .xinitrc that you use in situations like this could help.