[PD] flext compiling error (flattr_ed.cpp:526)?

chunlee leechun at leechun.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Nov 26 10:05:37 CET 2004

hi there:

i would like to take a look of dyn~ and in order to do so, i need flext.
i got the flext source from the CVS and tired compiling it with the
config-pd-linux intact, but i got the following errors:

g++ -c -O2 -DFLEXT_SYS=2 -fPIC  -I/usr/lib/pd/include -I./source
source/flattr_ed.cpp -o pd-linux/flattr_ed.ro
source/flattr_ed.cpp: In static member function `static void
   flext_base_single::cb_GfxProperties(t_gobj*, _glist*)':
source/flattr_ed.cpp:526: error: invalid conversion from `const char*'
to`char*'
source/flattr_ed.cpp:545: error: invalid conversion from `const char*'
to `char*'
source/flattr_ed.cpp:564: error: invalid conversion from `const char*'
to `char*'
make: *** [pd-linux/flattr_ed.ro] Error 1

how can i resolve this? i don't want to go and make changes to
flattr_ed.cpp unless i know what i am doing.

also, it says in the readme that i would need the pd source too, but i
can't seem to find where i can specify it in the config file like in the
config for dyn.

cheers

CHUN