[PD] GEM - multiple geos - each accessable for transformation

chun lee leechun at leechun.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Nov 26 15:53:08 CET 2004

Hi Christian:

How are you getting on with your multiple geos experiment?

I had a look into your patch and here is what I think:

1. in your 02_main.pd, the [repeat 10] does not generates 10 squares, it
just send sends different values to the [translateXYZ] object and bang to
[gemhead] 10 times. This does not create 10 squares, I think.

2. to create 10 squares, from what I understand, you need 10 sets of
[translateXYZ]->[square] but can do with just one gem head depending on how
much control you want over the rendering order.

3. so, the way to use [repeat] is that to work out the necessary internal
messages to create [translateXYZ]->[square] first and use [repeat] to repeat
the whole script 10 times.

4. or, build [translateXYZ]->[square] into a abstraction, and use the patch
I made to create 10 of them. However, to do it, you might what to do like

[r from_gemhead]

[translateXYZ]

[square]

And in the parent window do: