[PD] Re: [PD-announce] new devel_0_38 win32 binaries

smoerk smoerk at gmx.de
Fri Nov 26 17:40:26 CET 2004

Tim Blechmann wrote:
>>i have droputs every second to a few seconds. should i record the
>>audio and send it to you (ogg or mp3)? pd's log window says:
>
> i don't think that's necessary ... i had the same problem earlier, but
> solved it for my quattro (don't remember how)
>

>>ASIOGetBufferSize	min: 96, max: 1440, preferred: 192, granularity: 96
>>ASIO: using traditional scheduler
>
> i changed the asio buffer size to the maximum buffer size ... in your
> case 1440, that's not a multiple of 64, so you are not using the
> callback based scheduler ... i'll somehow have to implement a feature to
> select this, but don't know, where ...

and i wondered why it says traditional scheduler :-). maybe you can
change the buffer size from maximun to preferred again. is preferred the
value you set in the control panel of the audio device or normally a
hard coded value in the audio device driver? (i guess this differs from
card to card). I think the way to go is to open the ASIO driver's
control panel as most audio software does it.

> i think, i know, how your clicks sound like, but you can record a short
> bit and send it to me (privately, and please only a few kb ... slow
> dialup connection)

just realised that i need am adapter from RCA to mini-jack. but it
sounds really like normal dropout, when buffer is to low or computer to
slow.