[PD] random words generator

Bryan Jurish moocow at ling.uni-potsdam.de
Sat Nov 27 13:15:07 CET 2004

moin pun chik,

i have several patches that do this -- one perl-based system
that communicates with Pd via either OSC or netsend/netreceive
is available at:

  http://www.ling.uni-potsdam.de/~moocow/projects/saywhat/

the other system has dependencies about 5 levels deep, and
as I haven't gotten around to cleaning up my patch library
yet, hasn't yet been published -- they're basically just
hacks that generate phone strings for use with ratts.

another (better) way to do this would be to use Markov models:

  http://www.ling.uni-potsdam.de/~moocow/projects/gfsm

  http://www.ling.uni-potsdam.de/~moocow/projects/pd/pd-gfsm-0.02.tar.gz

... of course, before you can use them you need to define your
model, but that should be relatively straightforward (train it
on letter sequences)...

marmosets,
	Bryan

On 27 November 2004 at 01:47:27, pun chik appears to have written: