[PD] Gem-bin-0.90.1

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Nov 27 16:20:34 CET 2004

On Nov 27, 2004, at 4:50 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Thomas Grill wrote:
>>> prize question: what would be the free windows installer of choice ?
>> What about the Nullsoft installer? ( http://nsis.sf.net )
> looks great

I would recommend Inno Setup ( http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php ).
I looked at a bunch, including Nullsoft, when I did the Pd installer
for Windows and chose Inno.  It works quite well and behaves just like
a native installer.  Nullsoft's is a bit odd.

But even better than making an installer for Gem would be to
incorporate Gem into the Pd installer for Windows.  Then you would not
have to answer all these tech support questions like "where should I
put the dll?", "how do I set up the path", etc. etc.  It would just be
there.

The Inno Setup files are in CVS under packages/win32_inno

.hc