[PD] motion detection with gem?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Nov 28 10:30:34 CET 2004

Christian Klotz wrote:
> Hi list,
> I read on the TODO of Gem that the motion detection has to be
the TODO should be updated

> implemented first but I want to know if somebody tried some
> 'workarounds' to get something like motion detection. I think about
> using an infrared camera which will input a black/withe signal.
> Any suggestions?

there should be an example on how to do motiontracking somewhere in the
examples-directory (examples/04.video/03)

caveats:
the [pix_movement] is an under-optimal movement-detector (only takes 2
frames into account), i have an improved version lingering on one of my
machines...

[pix_blob] does not take into account, that some image-sources flip the
image, so the Y-axis might be reversed

anyhow, it works quite well (for a blob-detector i mean)

mfg..asdr
IOhannes