[PD] Re: [PD-announce] PD-list change of policy for unsubscribed posters

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Nov 29 22:37:01 CET 2004

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> This sounds fine for now.  But the newer versions of Mailman handle
> this stuff much better.  So ideally, the Pd lists would get a Mailman
> upgrade, then it Mailman would bounce non-member posts as well.

yes i know that newer versions of Mailman can handle this better (we
have talked about that in Graz)
however, i have no possibility to upgrade Mailman.

but: discarding all bouncing emails just needs a cron-script (which is
already set up), so even this version of Mailman can do this ;-)

> I am sure you will enjoy 100 emails less clicking per day... it is a
> thankless task.

yes, i'm going to be so productive then...

mfg.a.sdr
IOhannes