[PD] strange behavior upon loading dsp abstraction....

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Nov 30 15:09:05 CET 2004

Hallo,
chunlee hat gesagt: // chunlee wrote:

> there has been this strange behavior on loading up my dsp abstractions
> that is bugging me for the last few days and i finally worked out a way
> to describe and reproduce it and i wonder if anyone can help to explain.
> so, somehow, when [test] is loaded for the first time, nothing happens.
> but in the second time, it functions as expected. can anyone help to
> explain?

I'd say, this is a behaviour, which should be changed. However, if you
edit the [test] file, add a space, and let go again, you will hear
sound. I suppose it has to do with Pd not recognizing, that you did in
fact create a new dsp object and it is not recalculating the dsp chain
in this case. Creating another object somehow forces it to do so as
does switching audio off and on again.

Ciao