[PD] Gem - Texturing? UV Mapping? etc.

Christian Klotz list_pd at deviation.de
Tue Nov 30 21:42:48 CET 2004

Hi list,
playing around with Gem and some obj models a few questions came to my
mind.
- when I started a bit texturing obj models, I asked myself how to get
even a bit more complex 3d objects (think of a car or something like
that) textured with gem. Did anyone already try something like this or
know how to deal with it? I would really like to work with gem doing
things like that ;) is there some uvmap support under development? I am
asking because even a cylinder exported to obj had a completely
different texture behaviour compared to a gem cylinder and I didnt get
both of them textured the same way (???)
- another thing. I read a post of 2002 about adding multitexturing and
bump mapping - which where added to the prior to do list. have they
ever been implemented? I think its quite important for people doing
graphic stuff with pd - and as it seems to me by reading the
mailinglists every day, there is more and more interest in using pd
together with gem.

I'll appreciate any suggestions.
regards
christian
---
Christian Klotz
Kunsthochschule Kassel / School of Arts Kassel ::digitalpool