[PD] Gem and two firewire inputs

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Wed Dec 1 02:48:50 CET 2004

Pat

You can theoretically use multiple IIDC cameras (but only one DV
camera) at once provided they are like 320x240 or you have multiple
Firewire busses (PCI cards), but GEM will only use a single source.  I
have never had success switching the sources using any publicly
available bits of the QT API.  Multiple inputs are possible by using
the standard QT vdig dialog, but that has not worked either and it
doesn't really fit in with the way Pd works.  If I find a way to do the
equivalent calls as the dialog window as messages to pix_video, then
GEM will be able to capture from more than one device at once.

cgc