[PD] Re: switching to newer pd installer...

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Dec 1 04:56:10 CET 2004

I am in the middle of finishing my masters thesis, due in a week, so
you'll have better luck with this on the pd list.  I forwarded this to
the list.

There is also lots of discussion about these topics in the list
archives:

http://puredata.org/community/lists

.hc

On Nov 28, 2004, at 10:59 AM, rene beekman wrote:

> hans,
>
> i've had your PureDataInstaller_0.37-2003.10.02 installation installed
> from some time now and have recently installed the new .app version
> and am now wondering what and how much is left behind from the old
> installation that is no longer needed. is there a way to uninstall the
> old installation? i've checked the installer, but it doesn't seem to
> have an 'uninstall' option...
> with the appearance of the click-and-drag .app for os x, i assume more
> people will be wondering about the same thing...
>
> i'm very glad to see an all-in-one .app appear for os x. though there
> seem to be different versions; do you happen to know what the
> difference is between your Pd-0.38-0test4HCS1.dmg and the file found
> on miller's site "Pd version 0.38-0test10"?
> is the one on miller's page simply a later test version or is there a
> difference in included objects and extra libraries?
>
> thanks again for compiling this
> best
> rene

____

"Computer science is no more related to the computer than astronomy is
related to the telescope."
                                                      -Edsger Dykstra