[PD] horizontal video lines

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Wed Dec 1 18:10:35 CET 2004

On Dec 1, 2004, at 2:52 AM, sara kolster wrote:

> Hi Chris, Jamie a.o.
>
> The horizontal lines don't really look like interlacing, it's really a
> field-swapping thing. The more you move the camera the more you see
> those horizontal lines going down your screen. You have 1 or 2 lines
> on the screen that seems to break the image in half and it seems the
> video cannot keep up with the speed in which it's moving.

I haven't seen anything like that since the old Nato/OS9 days!

Can you post a picture of this if possible?  The OSX Grab application
might be able to get the frame, but SnapzPro has a movie recording
capability that's probably easier.  They have a demo version that works
for a month or so.

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/snapzprox/

This is also a pretty good way to record the output of GEM windows,
especially on dual CPU machines.