[PD] Midi instruments

Anton Woldhek woldhek at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 1 20:28:13 CET 2004

MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital *Interface*) by itself doesn’t make any
sound  at all.

Theres a lot of ways to make sounds using midi in pd, you could make your
own synth for example, or you could use [vst~], and I believe there is also
a way to use sound fonts in pd, or you could route midi output from pd to
some other app that generates the actually sound, or perhaps even a hardware
synth, the possibilities are endless...

Have fun!

Anton