[PD] Re: PD-list digest, Vol 1 #1603 - 11 msgs

Koray Tahiroglu ktahirog at uiah.fi
Fri Dec 3 14:38:45 CET 2004

Hello Frank,
Christian Klotz has compiled this fluid~.pd_darwin version I guess
during the last summer, I am using that external file. I do not have
fluidsynth library. Can you send me the installer?

> Message: 3
> Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 11:44:09 +0100
> From: Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org>
> To: pd-list at iem.at
> Subject: Re: [PD] Midi instruments and [fluid~] external
>
> Hallo,
> Koray Tahiroglu hat gesagt: // Koray Tahiroglu wrote:
>
>> I added fluid~.pd_darwin file to the extras folder, but whenever I try
>> to create [fluid~] object, PD crashes.
>> I am using both PD 0.37.4 and PD0.38TEST10 on g3 powerbook OSX 10.3.6
>> with Tcl&Tk 8.4.7.
>>
>> anybody faced with the same problem before??
>
> I have seen fluid~ crash a lot of times, but I wrote it, so this is
> expected. ;)
>
> However, the published source code is quite stable now and now most
> crashes are probably due to some conflict in the way, fluid~ was
> compiled in combination with how the needed libraries were compiled.
> For example, compiling flext with another compiler than fluid~ or
> libfluidsynth did lead to mysterious crashes sometimes. (Doesn't have
> to, though.)
>
> It would help, if you could run Pd under the gnu debugger "gdb", but I
> admit, this is a bit tricky if you have never done this before. Where
> did you get the fluid~.pd_darwin? Did you compile it on your own?
> Which flext version do you have installed and from where? And you do
> have the fluidsynth library installed, yes?
>
> Ciao
> --
>  Frank Barknecht                               _ ______footils.org__

M.Koray Tahiroglu
DA student/researcher
Media Lab,
University of Art and Design Helsinki, TaiK
Hameentie 135C 00560 Helsinki Finland
http://mlab.uiah.fi/~korayt/
tel: +358 40 754 8449
fax: +358 9 75630 555