[PD] understand soundfiler

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Dec 3 21:44:33 CET 2004

Hallo,
Marc Boon hat gesagt: // Marc Boon wrote:

> Still, you need to get the text message to the Python external.
> Besides that, I find it a bit to have to resort to Python only to get a
> text message out.
> I use the [system] object to start shell scripts which are triggered by pd
> events, and here too, I have to use [makefilename] to build a commandline.
> It works, but it's ugly.

Isn't it also a bit too much to use a whole operating [system], where
a bit of Python would make things even simpler? (This is not meant
really serious. However I believe, you are cheating somehow: Although
you use shell scripts, you complain about having to resort to a
programming language like Python? ;)