[PD] tabreceive~ and block~ objects

Phillip Stearns mindphone_divided at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 4 16:49:08 CET 2004

Hello!

I'm fairly new to PD and am exploring some of the simpler objects involving reading from arrays and I ran across the [tabreceive~] object.  The help file said that I could use the [block~] object to resize the audio buffer to used in [tabreceive~] but I haven't been able to get it to work.  Maybe I'm not sending [block~] the right messages.  I can get sound out of [tabreceive~] but there just wasn't enough information in the help file to take me beyond that.  So here are the questions:  How do I use the [block~] object (kinds of messages to use)?  What can the [tabreceive~] object do (functions, limitations) and how do I access those functions?

Thanks
Phil