[PD] Peculiar counter behavior.....

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Dec 7 09:41:14 CET 2004

Hallo,
chun lee hat gesagt: // chun lee wrote:

> Its about making simple float accumulator/counter patches. It sometimes
> work, but sometimes not and I can't figure out what makes it work or not
> work.

Two additional remarks: Personally I find it easier to always make int
counters, then modify those as needed. The practical reason is, that
then you can use [mod] which is great for wrapping counters. (I'll let
Mathieu explain the mathematical reasons, which involve the theory of
Enumerability and Countablility. ;)

Second: It took me a while, probably years, to realize, that it will
solve almost any problem with counting, if you do *not* conenct the
main [f] outlet directly to the [+ 1], but instead put the [mod] in
between those two like the right counter in attached patch. It's a
simple change, but in most cases it is the Right Thing to do instead
of fiddling with [sel] and relatives.

Ciao