[PD] Mac OS X, ALT-Shortcuts, dollarsign on Finnish keyboards?

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Wed Dec 8 05:29:47 CET 2004

Well, my PC keyboard has only one "alt" (which, in linux, does not seem
to bring up extra characters)... and I think the Macintosh is the same.
Also, I think it's against all the Macintosh rules to use "alt" for
a key accelerator anyway.

I don't know in Windows what Alt keys do, but I think there too they
select alternate characters.  If this is true, it's probably best to
stop using "alt" accelerators, at least on Mac and Windows, although
perhaps they could stay as they are on linux.

I think I have to just find "control" keys for making GUIs...

cheers
Miller