[PD] Re: popup feature request

David NG McCallum d at mentalfloss.ca
Wed Dec 8 13:06:09 CET 2004

Ben,

Yeah, it's awesome!

Not sure about the default thing. Popup does seem buggy as hell, but not
buggy enough to ignore.

I put a screenshot of my current performance patch at
http://onsight.id.gu.se/~mccallum/popup.png . I've created a dynamic
routing/input system, using popup to select the inputs, and a settings
saving system (not rrrrrradical, sorry frank) and using popup to switch
between saved states in that.

I can't pinpoint any of the popup bugs. But what comes to mind is:

- if the mouse is held down to select an option, and you move the mouse
over another popup, that popup displays its contents.
- sometimes it seems to reset its colour (??? not sure if this is a
popup problem or something in my patch that assigns popup a colour)
- also some of my patches seem to be editing themselves since I started
using popup, specifically message contents rewriting themselves (this
one is so weird I don't even know what to think about it)

Also Thomas Grill's [pool] seems to have been acting wonky since I
started using popup, but I'm not sure if that's related. Essentially
pools of the same name don't seem to share the same contents (thought I
would share that with you in case popup's interfering, I really have no
understanding of these things, though).

Hope some of this helps...

cheers,
David