[PD] [Gem] delay line for geos?

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Wed Dec 8 21:52:58 CET 2004

On Dec 8, 2004, at 11:14 AM, Peter Todd wrote:

>> Hi there:
>>
>> I would like to draw the trail of a geo in motion, how can I do this?
>> I am
>> thinking of delay the gemlist to the specified amount but having no
>> luck in
>> doing so.
>
> I think that it is not as easy as one might hope (but I look foward to
> a discussion on the subject).

hey ya'll,

...motion blurring is a very high priority for me atm :-)
Unfortunately, there isn't exactly an easy way :-\  The traditional way
is to cheat and use the accumulation buffer:  ya render to this buffer
several frames with each slightly lighter, then pop out the
result...this doesn't give a directional blur, tho, and also it so
happens that OSX has a software implementation of this buffer, so it's
sloow...

...the better way is still in the future, and involves vertex &/or
fragment programs along with pBuffers...there's plenty about this on
the web, but it's just not do-able in GEM atm...soon, perhaps?

jamie