[PD] GEM: pix_video on two geos + alpha

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at 0x09.com
Thu Dec 9 05:17:17 CET 2004

Hi all,

Just thought I'd see if there's an easy answer to this. I've got a
pix_video stream (you could change it to any pix stream I bet) that I've
got being sent to two geos, one in front of the other. I want the
foremost geo to be transparent, so they need separate gemheads. The
problem is that I can't have one pix_video object for each gemlist, but
if I try to use one pix_video for both lists, there's no transparency.
The ways I've tried doing it is just by keeping them on the same gemhead
(no alpha of course) and also by bridging the two gemlists with a
pix_mix, which doesn't work. I've tried with lots of separators.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Ian