[PD] Planet CCRMA install probs

Stefan Turner stefan_turner at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 9 15:40:48 CET 2004

>Message: 6
>From: "The Number" <thenumber at hotmail.com>
>To: pd-list at iem.at
>Subject: [PD] Planet CCRMA install probs
>Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 11:39:00 +0000
>
>Hey list! ive been lurking here forever, but his is
my >first post

>i recently decided to install linux, with the Planet
>CCRMA package.
>being a
>long time (frustrated) windows user, the benfits of
>this new system are
>really exciting. i downloaded the Red Hat 8.0 install
>ISOs from the
>P-CCRMA
>site, along with the CCRMA core and app ISOs.
>everything is being
>installed
>off cd.

Hi

It sounds like alsa hasn't been built for Redhat 8,
which would make sense as RH8 is really really old.
You're better off with the Fedora Core 1 version. It's
worked fine for me. Also you might alternatively want
to take a look at www.agnula.org, which is a similar
project based on Debian and Redhat. Didn't seem to
like my computer much unfortunately so I'm back to
CCRMA.

Stefan Turner