[PD] Abstractions with arrays?

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Thu Dec 9 14:44:23 CET 2004

Hi Rory,

Rory Walsh wrote:
> I have an absraction that contains an array. Every
> time I load more than one absraction I get warnings
> due to the arrays being the same name, of course I
> could manually change the array names within each
> abstraction, but is there an easier way to do this?
> Cheers,
> Rory.

Besides using $0, there are some other tricks, epsc if you want to be
able to use [soundfiler] to load different files to each, in the case of
an audio array. I had trouble using two different $n variables in one
message, so I cooked up the following patch as an example of how to do
it. Call it as an abstraction, and you shold be able to load diffreent
sounds to each array.

best,
d.

--