[PD] Re: control voltage

Chris Madak cjm01 at hampshire.edu
Thu Dec 9 20:02:21 CET 2004

patrick wrote:

> is there a way to read control voltage output in pd using a soundcard?
> what
> object should i use with adc~? can i simply plug the CV (maximum of 6
> volts)
> to my soundcard or i need to buy an analog to digital converter?

if you need a quick and dirty hack to this end, you could always run
your cv source into a vco, the oscillator into your soundcard, and the
signal into fiddle~, tweaking things from there to clean up and map the
results.  it helps to make a quick "device driver" abstraction to this
end.
in the long run, however, i wouldn't stick with this.  it's flaky and
very cpu-inefficient for what it does.  i just mention it because it
can be thrown together in a few minutes if you just need a
proof-of-concept demo of something.

best,

chris