[PD] Re: [PD-dev] pdp2gem.pd_darwin question

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Fri Dec 10 00:15:32 CET 2004

On Dec 9, 2004, at 4:12 PM, Yves Degoyon wrote:

> yes, this is something we always bumped into with OSX,
> it seems a new loaded library can't get access
> to symbols fom former loaded library.
>
> that's why pdp and pidip have been bundled together.
>
> any OSX guru, what are we doing wrong?

...ok, I can answer my own question, and pose a general question :-)

...the OSX version of pd uses the following in s_loader.c to load
externals:

ret = NSLinkModule( image, filename,
		NSLINKMODULE_OPTION_BINDNOW + NSLINKMODULE_OPTION_PRIVATE );

...pdp2gem will load if I remove NSLINKMODULE_OPTION_PRIVATE, which
brings up my question:  will removing this cause other problems?

l8r,
jamie