[PD] markov anyone?
finnendahl at folkwang-hochschule.de
Fri Dec 10 13:16:57 CET 2004
I forgot to mention: Last summer I ported the markov object written
for Max some 11 years ago to pd. If someone is interested, I can send
it off list. I didn't dare to post it as it is not very well
documented and I just can't find the time to get some help patches
done, so it's only for the brave ;-)
It's linux only yet, but it should be rather trivial to compile for
P.S.: Some info on the object:
- markov chains up to any order (right now it's limited in a #DEFINE
statement to a maximum of 32, which should serve about any needs,
but a simple recompile could change that easily).
- changing the order while it is running/generating events.
- feedback generated events to the table (changing the probabilities)
- search mode to report weights of chains.
- saving and loading states to/from a file or dumping to the outlets.
- memory usage is low and grows linearly with order or number of
elements in the table.
- very efficient due to a multidimensional search tree.
More information about the Pd-list