[PD] rradical paths problem

Kyle Klipowicz t3553r4ct at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 10 17:32:45 CET 2004

I also have this problem!  All of the paths in rradical are messed up.  What paths do I need to add in my batch file?  Frank, have you made an installation tutorial?

~Kyle

Brad Kligerman <bkligerman at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
Hi all (once again) : I'm having a very basic problem getting rradical
to function.

I followed the _installation_ instructions setting up my paths. But when
I open an example or tutorial (ex: pd/rradical/memento/tutorial/3-tut.pd)
I get:
> OSCprepend $1
>... couldn't create
>originator.pd 11 0 61 1 (gatom->text) connection failed
>originator.pd 33 0 61 0 (receive->text) connection failed
>originator.pd 61 0 59 0 (text->outlet) connection failed
>originator.pd 81 0 61 0 (message->text) connection failed

In other words it can't find _originator.pd_ even though the directory
is in my path.
.pdrc = -mididev 1
-path
/usr/lib/pd/externs:/usr/lib/pd/extra:/usr/lib/pd/gridflow:/usr/lib/pd/extra/pmpd:/usr/lib/pd/rradical/memento
-lib Gem:pdp:pidip:gridflow:iemlib1:iemlib2:iem_t3_lib etc...

It seems like a problem with my paths (when I check File>Paths... they
are all listed). Is this a system problem or a rradical problem?
Btw, I'm using RH9, pd 0.37-1 from Planet CCRMA...

Any help with this seemingly stupid problem would be greatly appriciated
since I'm about to start a big project and would like to integrate rradical.
Thanks :brad

Read my thoughts.

http://perhapsidid.blogspot.com

"The bigger things get the smaller and duller or flatter the globe gets.  It is getting to be all one blasted little provincial suburb. When they have introduced American sanitation, morale-pep, feminism, and mass production throughout the Near East, Middle East, Far East, USSR, the Pampas, el Gran Chaco, the Danubian Basin, Equatorial Africa, Hither Further and Inner Mumbo-land, Gondhwanaland, Lhasa, and the villages of darkest Berkshire, how happy we shall be."

~J.R.R. Tolkien