[PD] Re: Re: tabreceive and block

Phillip Stearns mindphone_divided at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 10 23:33:21 CET 2004

Subject: [PD] Re: tabreceive and block

>>Hello
>>
>>I'm looking for documentation on all the ins and outs
>>of the block object and the tabreceive object.  Any
>>help?  The help files weren't able to give me a good
>>start for using the two together.  Does any one know
>>where I can find detailed documantation about those
>>two objects?
>>
>>thanks

>block~ sets the number of samples in each processing
>cycle (which defaults to 64). So each signal is
>divided up into blocks of 64 samples as it would be
>too slow to do it sample by sample. You could for
>example override it to have 1-sample blocks with
>[block~ 1] though: this can be useful in feedback.
>tabreceive~ fills each of these blocks with the first
>values of a named table (normally the first 64) over
>and over. So for example if you had a 64-sample table
>with values 0,1,2...63 then tabreceive~ using that
>table would give a signal
>0,1,2...63,0,1,2...63,0,1,2...63 etc. For examples
>look at the fft help patches. Hope that makes sense?
>
>Stefan Turner

This all makes perfect sense.  I'll have a look at the FFT help files for info on the block~.  Isn't there just a bit of documentation somewhere that has all the different commands/arguments you can send the block~ object or is it just the one blocksize argument?  As someone fairly new to the program, I think it would be helpful to have a list of all objects and all the different arguments or commands.  Is there already something like this out there?

http://mail.yahoo.com