[PD] making object ids visible

Orm Finnendahl finnendahl at folkwang-hochschule.de
Mon Dec 13 12:57:48 CET 2004

Hi,

two related thoughts to the tooltips:

1. Using lots of multichannel audio I thought about a way to support
autoconnecting all outlets of multi-outlet objects with corresponding
inlets of one or multiple objects. I'm sure, Miller has thought about
that before. One thing which would help me tremendously would be to be
able to make the id of an object visible by some
ctl-shift-meta-alt-middle click on it. That way simple helper scripts
like the one attached could be used to autoconnect (or disconnect) them.

2. After getting audio dropouts in performances when closing windows
I'm in the process of restructuring my patches to have all audio in
seperate real-time-audio-no-gui-pd-processes which are automatically
started from the no-audio gui process. The two processes communicate
via netsend/receive. It is quite cumbersome and timeconsuming to
establish all the sends and receives to be tunneled through the net.
Before I start porting my really complex patches, I'd like to know
whether there are plans are to rework the graphics in the
not-so-distant future. Miller said something about porting it to
wxWindows some time ago if I remember correctly.

--
Orm