[PD] making object ids visible

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Mon Dec 13 22:32:14 CET 2004

Hi Orm,
did you get these overflows also with other versions of 0.38 or the devel
branch?
I ask this because i introduced a more portable version of stack checking
that keeps track of the recursion depth instead of the stack pointer. The
old method was not compatible with e.g. Python which uses a lot of stack
space.
To my knowledge the default recursion depth is 1000. That basically means
that a message can run through 1000 objects, but depending on the message
handling of the object this can also be reduced by some small factor.
I would suggest that the method of stack checking should be a compilation
switch.
Meanwhile you could try to uncomment "#define NEWSTACKMETH" in m_obj.c, line
13.

best greetings,
Thomas