[PD] Re: Synthesizer Methods Book

rodney rodney at atr.jp
Tue Dec 14 04:14:36 CET 2004

I found Edwardo Miranda's book to be a great intro to a wide range of
techniques and concepts, including a taste of Eduardo's special areas of
interest (cellular automata and alife etc.).

I'd recommend it for someone who's just starting out, or for a shorter
time-scale course book where the other mighty tomes mentioned in the list
might scare people (and cause back problems if they have other books to
carry around too!). Good to read on the train. I'm using it to help me build
up courage to read Curtis Roads' book next. :)

I'm just starting to dive into Miller's .pdf book and am enjoying it too.

Rod.

Rodney Berry
ATR Media Information Science Laboratories
Kyoto Japan
http://www.mis.atr.jp/~rodney
Ph:   +81-774-95-1449
Fax:  +81-774-95-1408