[PD] Table errors in Pd version 0.38 TEST10 and x86_64

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Tue Dec 14 04:20:27 CET 2004

Hello all,

Perhaps you can help me.
I am running Pd version 0.38 TEST10 on an x86_64.
I am using tabwrite~ to write sound info to a table,
and tabread4~ to read from it. tabwrite~ only writes
one half of the table: if I write to a 1024 sized table
only 512 samples get written, but if I resize that table
to 2048 I can write 1024 samples.
That doesnt really matter though, and tabread4~ only
plays back garbage.

Ive also heard that soundfile reading has trouble on the
x86_64. I havent tried this yet, but its next on my list.

Any ideas, or counter examples?

Thanks,
-thewade