[PD] dv out ? 3rd try

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Tue Dec 14 20:31:06 CET 2004

On Dec 14, 2004, at 1:49 PM, Jeroen Visser wrote:

> well, what I meant to say was:
>
> a resolution of 720x576 at 25fps,

...dv output is something we're currently working on for Gem, via the
multiple_window branch...but this seems like a weird resolution?  Aha,
seems it's for 50Hz field rate...anyway, I guess it'll depend on what
platform your using, also:  we definitely have found that sometimes if
you give the codec something (like aspect ratio/size) that it doesn't
like, it can really take a speed hit while it's morphing the data into
something it does like...

...otherwise, I don't know if pdp/pidip or gridflow have a ieee1394
output module, either...

l8r,
jamie