[PD] Opinions please: RRADical OSC inlet as a global receiver?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Dec 14 22:20:30 CET 2004

Hi all,

I am considering to make the OSC-inlet in RRADical/Memento (and maybe
the OSC-outlet) accessible as a global receiver (rsp. sender) for
example called "RRADICAL-OSC". Technically this is dead easy: Just
double the inlet with a [r RRADICAL-OSC]

But generally I am very reluctant to mess with the global send/receive
namespace and everything is $0-ified. However in the case of the
OSC-inlet I have found, that I sometimes don't use the OSC stuff,
because it would involve making a lot of patch cord connections and
I'm lazy. Still if I use the OSC-inlet, it does make so many good
things possible, that I'm leaning towards making it easier to use it.

So, you handful of rradical/memento users out there: What shall I do?

Ciao