[PD] Opinions please: RRADical OSC inlet as a global receiver?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Dec 15 09:46:18 CET 2004

Hallo,
Michal Seta hat gesagt: // Michal Seta wrote:

> I am not sure what you mean by 'global' but I was struck by the fact
> that I cannot control an abstraction via messages without connecting a
> [receive] into the OSC inlet.  I would like to be able to control
> various parameters via messages or even OSC, remotely, for that
> matter.  Unless I am missing some important detail of rrad, I suppose
> that this is what you are getting at.

Yes, exactly.

> I was toying with the idea of supplying a [r $1] (hidden within
> abstraction),

Almost: I wouldn't use $1 here, as $1 already is used *after* the
OSC-inlet in an "OSCroute $1" to filter out only "our" messages.
Basically "originator" would just get a receiver without any scope
done with $0, but being a global receiver which is the same for every
instance of "originator" similar to the global receive target "pd"
which is used to control various aspects of pd itself like "; pd dsp 1"

Ciao