[PD] Solitude - composition using data structures

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Dec 18 06:47:26 CET 2004

This is my first composition using Pd's data structures, and I found
that I enjoyed the process quite a bit, once I got the patch debugged.
The experience was a good combination of visual editing with the mouse
and text editing with the keyboard. The visual representation worked
well for composition in this style. By biggest problem was finding a
way to represent in the score all of the things that I wanted to
control. Since I wanted to have the score generate the piece, I did not
add a couple features, like pitch shifting and voice allocation
control, which I would have liked to have.

You can download the mp3, see the score, and download the source code
here:

http://at.or.at/hans/solitude/

Remixes would be fun.  The code is released under GNU GPL, the mp3
under CC Attribution-ShareAlike.

____

"Information wants to be free."
                              -Stewart Brand